Sunday, November 4, 2012

SM Beauty Buys

Don't you love it when Metro Manila is like a laid back city in a far away province? Staying put here during this whole long weekend is such a bliss because heavy traffic does not exist! Hoooray! But yes, I will miss your hustle bustle crazy world in the next few days. Remember, it is your "chaotic" atmosphere that drove me here! So Metro Manila, just chill out as you'd be working round the clock especially this Christmas season!

So this long weekend, I tagged along with Levy's family. Last Thursday was a "feast day" with lechon de leche, bulalo from Tagaytay, meaty rellenong bangus, buttered crabs, garlic shrimps, and Banaple's to-die-for cake (I miss out the name,sorry!) for our lunch. Ah, goodbye diet!!! We also booked for a last full show of Skyfall so we drained our time going for window shopping from SM Makati to Greenbelt 5!

I spared myself from buying clothes as I just recently stuffed my closet from Forever 21. This time, I "relaxed" by stepping into the spacious and very well lit area of the SM beauty section. The place is such a sweet harbor to beauty and wellness enthusiasts! Just by plain digging up on random products from various shelves already gives my body a different kind of energy. True that, the power of vanity!

There's really no critical level on my vanity kit now so what I purchased were small, nice-to-have stuff. Here are they:

I. E.l.f.Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder


When you hit the search button of Youtube with "NARS Orgasm dupe" in it, you will see that this product comes first in the list. I remembered this while scrolling through the shelf. At Php 249.75, I think it's not a bad buy even though it won't give me that NARS effect. We'll see.


II. Marionaud N38 Slanted Eyeline and Eyeshadow Double Sided Brush

I am currently into my quest for a perfect eyebrow shape and arch (thus the endless Youtub-ing)
 and I saw in the videos that this type of brush helps much. We'll see again. :)


III. Tony Moly Cats Wink Mascara

 
I am so disappointed with my E.l.f. mascara purchase last time that I decided to get another one from other brands and here this is what caught my eye. The fierce cat face, that is. Classic example of buying because of packaging!

OK random though. I just remembered now from watching Showtime last time that one banana is called "a finger of banana" and five bananas are called "a hand of banana". I just knew it now. Coolness!

I'm kind of excited to try out these products and give my take on them in the coming weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment